This is your Bill Pay agreement with Northern Colorado Credit Union.
You may use Northern Colorado Credit Union’s bill paying service, iPAY, to direct Northern Colorado Credit Union to make payments from your designated checking account to the “Payees” you choose in accordance with this agreement. The terms and conditions of this agreement are in addition to the account agreements, disclosures, and other documents in effect from time to time governing your account (The Account Rules). “You” or “Your” means each person who is authorized to use the service. “Payee” means anyone you designate, including Northern Colorado Credit Union, and anyone Northern Colorado Credit Union accepts as a “Payee.”
NOTE: Unlimited bills can be paid via Online Bill Pay. If funds are not available in your account to pay bills, there will be a $30.00 insufficient funds fee assessed. Please refer to Bill Pay Disclosures below.
How to Set Up Payees/Payments
- If you want to add a new payee, select the “Payee” tab located in your Bill Pay application or speak to a service representative;
- You may add a new fixed payment to a payee by accessing the service and entering the appropriate information. Most other additions, deletions, or changes can be made in writing or by using the service;
- Northern Colorado Credit Union reserves the right to refuse the payee designation for any reason;
- You may pay any payee within the United States (including U.S. territories and APOs/FPOs/AEOs); and
- Northern Colorado Credit Union is not responsible for payments that cannot be made due to incomplete, incorrect, or outdated information.
The Bill-Paying Process
Single Payments: A single payment will be processed on the business day you designate as the payment’s process date (generally Monday through Friday, except certain holidays), provided the payment is submitted prior to the daily cut-off time on that date. The daily cut-off time, which is controlled by Northern Colorado Credit Union, is currently 2:00 p.m. Eastern Time. A single payment submitted after the cut-off time on the designated process date will be processed on the next business day. If you designate a non-business date (generally weekends and certain holidays) as the payment’s process date, the payment will be processed on the first business day following the designated process date.
Recurring Payments: When a recurring payment is processed, it is automatically rescheduled by the system. Based upon your selected frequency settings for the payment, a process date is calculated for the next payment. If the calculated process date is a non-business date (generally weekends and certain holidays), it is adjusted based upon the following rules:
- If the recurring payment’s “Pay Before” option is selected, the process date for the new occurrence of the payment is adjusted to the first business day prior to the calculated process date.
- If the recurring payment’s “Pay After” option is selected, the process date for the new occurrence of the payment is adjusted to the first business day after the calculated process date.
Note: If your frequency settings for the recurring payment specify the 29th, 30th, or 31st as a particular day of the month for processing and that day does not exist in the month of the calculated process date, then the last calendar day of that month is used as the calculated process date.
Single & Recurring Payments
The system will calculate your payment’s estimated arrival date. This is only an estimate; please allow ample time for you payments to reach your “payees.”
Canceling a Payment
A bill payment may be changed or canceled anytime prior to the cut-off time on the scheduled process date.
You agree to have available and collected funds on deposit in the account you designate in amounts sufficient to pay for all bill payments requested, as well as any other payment obligations you have with Northern Colorado Credit Union.
- Northern Colorado Credit Union reserves the right, without liability, to reject or reverse a bill payment if you fail to comply with the above requirement or any other term of this agreement.
- If you do not have sufficient funds in the designated account and Northern Colorado Credit Union has not exercised its right to reverse or reject a bill payment, you agree to pay for such payment obligations on demand.
- You further agree Northern Colorado Credit Union has the option to charge any of your accounts held with Northern Colorado Credit Union to cover such payment obligations. Northern Colorado Credit Union also reserves the right to change the cut-off time, and you will receive notice if it changes.
- You are solely responsible for controlling the safekeeping of and access to your Personal Identification Number (PIN).
- If you want to terminate another person’s authority, you must notify Northern Colorado Credit Union and arrange to change your PIN. You will be responsible for any bill payment request you make that contains an error or is a duplicate of another bill payment.
- Northern Colorado Credit Union is not responsible for a bill payment that is not made if you did not properly follow the instructions for making a bill payment.
- Northern Colorado Credit Union is not liable for any failure to make a bill payment if you fail to notify Northern Colorado Credit Union promptly after you learn you have not received credit from a “payee” for a bill payment.
- Northern Colorado Credit Union is not responsible for your acts or omissions or those of any other person, including and without limitation, any transmission or communications facility, and no such party shall be deemed to be Northern Colorado Credit Union’s agent.
- In any event, Northern Colorado Credit Union will not be liable for any special, consequential, incidental, or punitive losses, damages, or expenses in connection with this agreement or the service, even if Northern Colorado Credit Union has knowledge of that possibility.
- Northern Colorado Credit Union is not liable for any act, failure to act, or delay in acting if it is caused, in whole or in part, by someone or something beyond Northern Colorado Credit Union’s reasonable control.
Northern Colorado Credit Union has the right to change this agreement at any time by notifying you by mail at the last address shown for your accounts in Northern Colorado Credit Union’s records, by posting notice in Northern Colorado Credit Union branches, or as otherwise permitted by law.
- Northern Colorado Credit Union has the right to terminate this agreement at any time.
- You may terminate this agreement notifying Northern Colorado Credit Union in writing.
- Northern Colorado Credit Union is not responsible for any fixed payment made before Northern Colorado Credit Union has a reasonable opportunity to act on your termination notice.
- You remain obligated for any payments made by Northern Colorado Credit Union on your behalf.
If sufficient funds are not available in your account(s) to pay bills a $30 insufficient funds fee will be assessed.
Miscellaneous Product Fees
- Overnight Fee: $14.95
- 2nd Day Fee: $9.95 Standard or $4.95 Economy
- Charitable Donations: $1.99
- Gift Pay: $2.99